More about our Architecture & Engineering Project Portfolio »
Architecture & Engineering
Cost Estimations, Feasibility studies, Site analysis
Technical Projects (construction drawings and specifications) including Architectural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, Heating and Ventilation (HVAC), Civil, Structural Engineering. Programming, Planning, providing designs, drawings, specifications and other technical submissions, the administration of construction contracts and the co-ordination of any elements of technical submissions prepared by mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and structural engineers.
Architecture Is Not an Art
Even that the architecture has its own aesthetic it is not an art. It can’t be as long it is highly technical. There is no scientific explanations why Humanity developed art and not even the brilliant minds in the world can’t identify the basic need that makes us do and consume art. The architecture is a response to basic needs, and the refinement of that response: the need of shelter, protection against the cold, the heat, the dangers of the nature. Even some animals build shelters and many of them search for shelters.
Because the architecture developed aesthetic values, centuries after centuries, whatever theory of art emerged tried to explain architecture too. Some searches even applied art theories in building design. But the common sense realized more and more that the shelter is the fundamental of the architecture, not the rhythms and counterpoints. “The empty white boxes” modern museums understood the basic function offering white, neutral environments to expose at their maximum potential Art.
The use of the buildings is the purpose of the architecture. The more they fit, the more they favor behaviors and actions that they are intend to shelter, the more they are appreciated. The more a building is an enriching piece of a city, the more appreciated it is. Sometimes, the buildings’ esthetics function is it’s major quality. Yes, we understand the artistic quality of a construction as a function that is trying to fulfill. A function not more important, not less important as its structural stability.
In architecture if common functions are well served, they get esthetic values, the same as the bridges, aqueducts and viaducts are called engineering art. The functionality is a part of the “Building’s Aesthetica”. If such a book will ever be write, functionality will cover chapters and chapters.
Because we see that architecture is not an art, we are not form lovers. We don’t understand why manifestos should be build in bricks instead of white paper and why sculptures should shelters office spaces. But we state that well fulfilling functions sculpts buildings that enrich our communities.More About Our Architectural Vision »
Architecture & Engineering Services
Romania Construction Development Consulting
- Site analysis including building areas and costs. We usually perform such brief studies in no more than a few hours, allowing quickly buying decisions.
- Architectural program consultancy: comparative analysis of different solutions for the same site and determination of most efficient functional theme for future buildings, including construction costs, land costs, interest rates etc.
- Spacial studies including main levels of the buildings.
- 3d Visualizations
European Funding applications are based on Feasibility Studies, but we encourage all of our clients to perform such studies.
We organize for our clients construction call for bids. We do this electronically, using our own specialized website www.ctf-aic.ro, which allow us to:
- Post online all blueprints, technical specifications and list of quantities necessary for construction enterprises and undertakers to be aware of, for all specialties, including architecture, structural, mechanical, electrical and HVAC engineering.
- Receive in real time questions from the bidders, all the bidders being notified the same time.
- Post answers and specifications to questions received; notify all the constructors via E-mail of answers.
We analyze the offers received, ask for more details if necessary. Then we send the bids to the client, with recommendations. We assist the clients during negotiations and signing the construction contract.
More About Our Services »